PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS 350B2 - UnCFIT
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2008, 01:52
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait a minute i dont think spencer meant he would cut hydraulics off during jack stall !!!! Firstly it is only transient ( 1-3 secs) and secondly the manual tells you clearly what to do ...that is unload the system by reducing collective. If you think of it , the system is already working at full tilt but not coping so how do you think it would help by getting rid of that help ? ie turning off the hyds....... At the moment you get the jack stall you will be heading towards a steep right angle of bank and going fast ...i have done that before with hyds off and i can tell you you need to be a weight lifter to cope and bring it back level. I now fully understand why in the book it says keep speed below say 80kn and do shallow turns Just like it says dont hovver without them .....it can be done ...i have done it (badly) but again the book is right. They obviously dont just write it for fun.
Anyway i say if you want to do a high g pull at weight fine but i would either do it on a left turn or be sure i havent got high obstacles on my right. Just an idea ...and if you do get it ....yr ham fisted and i pity your girlfriend

somepitch just seen yr message. I agree that in mountains with large updrafts it may be possible without mishandling, but i would be getting the engineers to check the pump is working properly. i have done a fair bit in mountains in canada heliskiing 7 up plus 6 skiis and back packs in 40knots ....very bumpy but never a sign of this jack stall.