PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 23:52
CABUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am afraid to say I have been watching this thread and I feel it has got a bit bitter. My personal opinion is that companies such as BA that operate SESMA in all their aircraft and monitor its trends and then modify the training to suit is an excellent way to train. This way everyone can learn from someone else's misfortune to create a safer fleet. I am probably mistaken here but I cannot think of MANY privite jets that have these capibilites and put them towards such good use. If I am just miss informed I do apologise but surely everyone can agree this is an excellent way to iron out problems and trends within any company. The reason I mention this is becuase everyone seems a bit bitter that BA pilots have been mentioned to be better than others. Because of these systems in many large airlines, not only BA, I must agree that they surely have a better form of training especially as some large well established airlines have had this inforce for some years now. Also airlines are able to refresh and train their pilot in advance and offer jump seat rides to familiarize them with the procedures, surely this can only help. Some companies have to lead the way in safety, NOT saying that BA is one of them but why are we bitter and unable to accept some companies train better than others as long as safety is moving forward and all companies are progressing who really cares?

And for the following comment.. I mean come on were all friends here!

As you have a foot in both camps perhaps you can explain how your turboprop guys and ex 744 captains who fancy a change would cope with a Katana coming the other way in an uncontrolled circuit
I fly with a retired BA 767/Flybe Capt and it does not bother him in the slightest, he acutally laughs and mentions previous times where this happend in his career. I remember him joking about being number 2 behind a glider in a DH4 in France, it was either La Rochelle or Toulouse.

Anyway lets not all get bitter, its obvious that all pilots are trained to a very high standard and have expertise in their own field its not a competition about who is a better pilot!

I wish Blink every success!