PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS 350B2 - UnCFIT
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 22:31
Freewheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NigelH

Same as you. I just couldn't formulate the words at the time without sounding like I was bagging the pilot or the aircraft, which at this early stage seems a bit unfair.

The book is vague, but gives food for thought when read before you get into it.

If, as a number of posters have found, it happens to you, prior reading of the book, thinking about the situation and acting accordingly should put you in a position that it's not too much of a drama. That's not to say you won't get caught out, none of us here can say we haven't, but it stacks the odds in your favour.

I hadn't contemplated Spencer's solution for Jack Stall, I would have thought the accumulator would return pressure for a short period in such a situation, given that the pump itself would still be running at the time of the Jack Stall. It strikes me as similar to shutting down the good engine after a failure in a multi, but that's just my theory.

And yes, a supplimentary walk around is a very good idea. There's somebody on the North Sea that is probably very thankful a supplimentary walk around was conducted, but nobody's mentioned that on the thread yet.....