PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 13:59
Highflight420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phil I know of your company and the good reputation it has and I totally agree with your comments,however its not unusual in order to get up and running to piggy back on someone elses AOC and I doubt TAG would have agreed without some considerable thought beforehand,nobody to my knowledge on this site has ever rubbished TAG as a company and the people I know who work there have nothing but praise for the operation.If I remember correctly that is how Easy Jet started.

I've no doubt Blink will obtain their own AOC in the fullness of time,and safety will have to be the number 1 priority hence the employment of considerably experienced pilots as the start up team,any talk of whether ex BA pilots can or are willing to take on the extra roles involved in corporate is just silly uninformed twaddle with a little bit of anti BA retoric thrown in for good measure.Those of you out there employed in corporate aviation who like to think there is a large difference in the two types of operation are deluding themselves,there is only one way to operate an aircraft be it corporate or airline, big or small and that is with excellent training from the start and a good set of SOPs, anyone who thinks otherwise is living in the past.