PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kegworth
Thread: Kegworth
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 13:28
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If that's the case, that this chap from CC tried to speak up, while I can only imagine the pressure the aircrew were under, my sympathy for them would decline, while that Steward should be commended.

Either way, is it too much to hope that CC are also trained about this situation, using Kegworth as a sad training aid ( like most aircraft accidents ) so that they might help out in any similar situation nowadays ?

Also of course the trend to placing aft-facing cameras for the aircrew would have been relevant here, though whether they cover all engine intakes, jetpipes, control surfaces etc seems unlikely to me - I've been heavily involved in placing remote cameras on the outside of aircraft, often at altitude ( fighters in my case ) and it's not that easy re. very low temperatures, condensation, vibration etc, and certainly not cheap !

A lot cheaper and easier with modern technology and the relatively benign and accommodating characteristics of an airliner though, and I'd say essential - such things may even have saved the Concorde for instance, even if it meant the pilot knew how bad it was and plonked it straight ahead in a field, at least some or indeed a lot of people might well have got out...

Back to the original question, are modern Cabin Crew trained with such a situation in mind ?