PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyEurope refuse to carry aviation lifejackets!
Old 13th Mar 2008, 12:11
richatom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SkyEurope refuse to carry aviation lifejackets!

I currently work as a ferry pilot, so I have to take airlines to pick up a plane somewhere. This means I have to take a fair bit of kit with me on the airline - including an aviation lifevest. This lifevest is exactly the same as those that are under every seat on the plane. However, airport security rarely let me carry them as hand-luggage, so I have to put them in the hold luggage.

On one recent flight with SkyEurope, they lost my lifejacket which was in hold luggage. I gave them all the proof required to make a claim - eg original recieipt, original baggage tags. But they have just sent me a letter refusing to refund me for my lost life-jacket because they claim that it is "dangerous cargo" and I shouldn't have had it with me in the first place!!!

I actually have to fly with SkyEurope again on Monday to pick up another plane - but I won't be able to take my replacement jacket with me so will have to fly back over the Adriatic and Med without a lifejacket or raft. Any suggestions - apart from taking one of theirs from under the seat which I won't do.

Last edited by richatom; 13th Mar 2008 at 12:48.