PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 12:02
Highflight420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm fortunate enough that in twenty years of flying both corporate and airline I have never been labelled as arrogant,many other things perhaps but not that.

The truth is, whether you like it or not and with exceptions in both of course,the standard of both training and operational procedures is generally higher in the airline world,those of you who have never set foot outside the corporate world might and will take issue with my statement and find it arrogant,it's not its a statement of fact.I feel well qualified to say that as I have done both at various times over 20 years and its been my good fortune that thanks to my excellent and very thorough training within the airline environment that I'm able to survive in the corporate world.

Blink is not revolutionary and the people concerned are well aware of the Mustangs limitations and it's niche in the market place but their business model is new and a little different to companies trading at the moment,sufficient to have attracted some considerable investment,particularly significant at a time when a lot of money men are drawing in the purse strings. There must be some confidence in it's business model to have ordered 45 aircraft and likewise Jetbird with an order for 100 Embraer Phenoms

Again it will never cease to amaze me on this site how so many pilots are ready to shoot down a new idea whilst claiming they know best but I guess its ever been thus on PPRuNe, if thats the case why aren't more pilots setting up companies and working for themselves? Little bit of small man syndrome going on here me thinks and I'd be a little worried about the mentality of someone who thinks flying a small aircraft is any less purposeful employment than flying a large one,I thought those views had gone out with the ark,obviously not.