PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kegworth
Thread: Kegworth
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 11:57
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I am SLF but from the industry & have done a lot of flying in ( admittedly small ) aircraft, usually as a pro' photographer.

I have always felt that the Kegworth crew were also let down by their PASSENGERS !

That may include cabin crew, someone mentioned an input from a stewardess but I don't know what that refers to, attempting to be helpful or the opposite.

As I understand it, there was a cabin announcement that one engine had a problem, while the people in the cabin, unlike those in the cockpit, could SEE the other one on fire etc.

I was always taught to 'speak up' and this has saved me & the aircraft from nasties a few times, such as un-noticed captions, aircraft on collision course, etc - and that was with extremely experienced pilots, inc. some Test Pilots.

If it is correct that this announcement was made, someone should have spoken up, and quickly ! Better a live berk looking sheepish than sitting like a dumb doomed git...

So I have always felt that the crew were let down by poor instrument layout, and the people behind them.