PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Grounding.
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 08:59
db737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank You

Hi Retired BA/BY...Thank YOU so much for this insight on Concorde.

I have read the Book "Betrayal of Concorde" Brings out a lot of emotions. I fly for a major US airline, one of our training captain's flew Concorde for Braniff, he has some great stories. You can certainly see the excitement; and sadness as he speaks of that beautiful lady.

It's really sad that it was EGO and POLITICS that took Concorde out of the sky. As far as I know, she didn't let anyone down; her creators to a certain extint did. Of course,being an aircraft, she had her problems...I fly 737's we have our share as well....but everyone I talked to that flew her, never had an unkind word.

"Concorde, Gone But Not Forgotten"....cept......

If you own flightsim 2004, check out www.sstsim.com, you can relive the experinence as close to an actual Concorde crew.

I have the ITVV DVD Which is a 2 DVD presentaion of Concorde from London Heathrow-JFK and back. Mostly from the cockpit. This is as close to a "Concorde" experinence as you will likley ever have.

Flying in SSTSIM, it almost follows the real life DVD's exactly.

My biggest regret, being a pilot for a major airline; I had a chance to jumpseat on Concorde. I didn't take the opportunity. I had a I'll do it next year attitude. Now she's...GONE.

Thank You again, for keeping the beautiful ladies story alive.

Best,
David