PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2008, 16:44
Highflight420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of negative comments on this site,for your information the pay will be above industry standard and lifestyle is something that a lot of thought has /will be gone into,together with other benefits.

Id much rather have some very experienced airline pilots with little or no corporate experience up front than a high houred corporate pilot with no airline experience. Having straddled both camps now for over 20 years the SOPs and many other aspects that I currently see in corporate aviation leave a lot to be desired in many cases.The wealthy masses now travelling by private jet think they are somehow getting a better product because of what they are paying but the truth in my experience is somewhat different.

For a lot of pilots a short range aircraft with a max endurance of two hours no catering to worry about and small enough to clean in a jiffy could be very attractive,as the old saying goes size isn't everything and in my experience the larger the aircraft the correspondingly worse is the lifestyle.Personally I have had enough of hotel rooms to last me a lifetime.

Phil it goes up and comes down just like any other aircraft so I guess it must be a proper aeroplane.VLJs are coming just as sure as the LO CO airlines did ten plus years ago and they are super fuel efficient.At the moment each Mustang could probably fetch a $300000 dollar premium so yes if it doesn't pan out then I guess a nice tidy sum could be made.But I guess thats what sets entrepreneurs aside from the rest of us in that they are prepared to try.

African Drunk, rather arrogant of you to assume pilots going to your stated desinations above are unable to manage the likes of Samedan, etc,still know who I'd rather be with and yes they have found a pool that no one else knows about.

Last edited by Highflight420; 12th Mar 2008 at 17:09.