PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay pilot 'sacked for Top Gun stunt'
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2008, 16:30
FAStoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having done these in the past at the Manufactures Airfield,to the cheers and kind regards from ATC,I was asked to do a Low App/Goaround on a Farepaying Flight to a Northern Maintenance base.It was o'crack sparrow,and only the LMC guys were on the Pan with their respective charges.I abstained ,thinking it would be nice,BUT!!!!!!Discretion is the better part of valour.I did ask the current Demonstration Captain,what he would have done;he told me in words of one syllable that I would be hauled before the Beak,if I had transgressed the rules.Remember,Chaps,there are hundreds of First Officers out there wanting your job!!It would be a Bean Counters dream to replace a Senior Expensive Captain with a New less expensive one,promotion for a First Officer,and the list of Pilots would actually see movement up the ladder.I dont think anyone would miss the offender,if it came down to it.With the CAA Spanish Inquisition looking on,all" Dots and Crosses" must be sorted beforehand,because not even Chief Pilots or Fleet Managers are fireproof,if the odd dagger is out to get you.