PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaga Twr this morning.
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2008, 13:43
Slo Moe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRM etc.

It is really great that TRM already exists!

Then there is not that much inventing and experimenting to be done by the training organizations. All that many ANSP:s and ATSU:s (ATS units) need to do is to copy the best practises learned from earlier experiences. The Brits are advanced in many fields!

Then there is the challenge of how to simulate the oddities of the daily air traffic control work! So that the step from the ATC sims to the workplace would be lower. I am confident that it can be done. It is a matter of giving it a priority. The "globes" i.e. 360deg sims have been around for a while. It is also a matter of enhancing the simulation to make it more real. Of course it costs "beans". And it can be done also in ACC sims, that I am sure of. It might require some imagination. But what about the positive outcomes, if we consider tower simulations?

It might really ease the "customer pain" felt on the tarmac by the pilots. There would be a very positive outcome also to the goal of minimizing the waiting time of the flight passengers. And this would lead directly to great savings for the airlines. Every extra minute waiting costs real money. And also directly it would save jet fuel thus leading to minimizing the greenhouse gases. Every extra minute with engines running is quite unnecessary.

It might actually be a win-win-win-win-win situation, when done properly.

If I recall right there are some statements in the training materials and the ICAO DOC:s for the ATC:s mentioning the safe and expedient flow of traffic. Maybe these very same statements should be written also in the manuals and guidelines of the ATC training organizations. It is evident that at the moment these kind of goals do not exist at these crucial parts of the system. But once again. Another topic. Another thread...

Last edited by Slo Moe; 13th Mar 2008 at 20:03. Reason: Correcting typos...