PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Informal heli nights UK (including arrangements)
Old 12th Mar 2008, 11:55
tonge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wycombe 11th March

I just wanted to say how good last night was. Even though I had a nightmare getting home, managed to get on the slowest train back into London, then got on the wrong tube and went the wrong way. I'd missed my dinner and the tuna and mayo sandwich in The Pad wasn't quite filling, so I was forced to buy a McDonalds at 11.45pm! and I finally got in at 12.30am!

Paco, it was a pleasure to meet you again, you gave a very informative talk which turned into a good discussion. Inspired me to read your book for an hour on the train!!

DennisK, it was an honour to meet you Sir!

To everyone else who attended, all I wanted to get out of the meeting was to meet up with other helicopter pilots. I don't get to see too many other helo pilots from where I fly from, so I feel like I miss out on that social interaction that perhaps the "plank" drivers seem to have.

Look forward to the next one, I might try and attend the Redhill one as well just to see if I get home in one piece!!

(Can someone now check my speeling!)

Tonge (Simon)