PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck door locks, security & what next?
Old 17th Feb 2002, 18:00
traveler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

LBMF,

I agree though that those who operate an aircraft, or flying bomb or whatever you call it, should pass a basic sanity check. And guess what .... we do. Even when the door was wide open we did. Cause you really don't think that if we had bad intentions that you would have been able to do anything about it before either, do you ?

So now that you know that your pilot is fairly sane (it's all relative), how would you go about profiling the pilots ? The ones that work for 'western' companies passed their checks. Would you deny access to American and European airspace by those airlines who haven't shared the medical info of their pilots with let's say the FAA, or FBI, or any other agency you seem fit ? You think I would allow my medical info to travel all over the world like that ?

We agree with you that strip searching a pilot is pointless if he really is a pilot. Cause he don't need no tools to make the plane do what he wants it to. Checking everybody that enters a 'clear area' seems to make sense though.

So help us out here. If you don't trust your pilot to be sane, what kind of proof do you expect ?