PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH A320 Rough Landing @ Hamburg
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2008, 03:21
Dream Land
PPRuNe supporter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemurian, I know you have a lot of experience in the A320 and
Boing aircraft but looking at the video I didn't see them being blown violently off to the left until the right wing came up and any aircraft with a 25 or 30 knot right crosswind component with the right wing up would follow the same tragectory by Bubbers44
Yes, fully agree.

Not sure that it was necessarily 'blown,' Lemurian - after reading your post I looked again (for the nth. time) at the video, and noted that early in the sequence (immediately after it passes overhead) the aeroplane appears to bank noticeably to the left. So maybe it was that, rather than the wind, which caused the aeroplane to deviate left by RWA
Yes, appears to me the poor method of de-crabbing was the culprit (armchair opinion only).

The rest of the speculations about the pilots and the airplane belongs to armchair aviation.
After some 12 years on the 320 while having more than 5500 hrs on the 737, I feel I am entitled to this opinion. By Lemurian
Actually I'd be much more impressed if you had ten years experience on the Beech 18 or DC-3. And putting all other opinions other than your own in the arm chair category is a laugh, in reality, other than the crew that was operating, the only way we will actually know what happened is to analyze the data from the black boxes, I'm sure it's already been accomplished, until that information is presented, we are all arm chairing it, by the way, it's much more challenging to do a crosswind landing in a Pitts S-1 than some flying bus.

Cheers, D.L.