PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA Class 1 medical
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2000, 16:34
Dastardly&Muttley

Talking

Cheers sr106 and Barney...looked at the JAA reqs. for the hearing...pretty standard: got to be able to hear 500Hrz, then 1, 2 and 3 Mhz at 20 db, and 3Mhz at 35db. Hopefully I should be OK hear (pardone the pun)...if, like you Barney, my loss is (which I presume) the higher freq. range beyond 3Mhz...

...With the BMI, I'm UNDERWEIGHT not overweight...hopefully though, same terms apply as if you're overweight? I.e. as long as there are no ill effects on health your OK? (Must say, have met pleanty of string bean pilots with my build!)

With childhood Asthma...heard before that they make you run around the block, then make you retake the tests...but presumably, they can't find out (if nothing abnormal shows up on tests) if you don't actually tell them? (I told the RAF a few years ago and they automatically rejected me!) As far as I'm aware, that they can't access your medical records without your permission due to the Data Protection Act? (Or so my G.P. told me a few years ago when having a Class 3 done.)

Thanks for the help...any more info/help appreciated! Thanks!

------------------
CATCH THAT PIGEON MUTTLEY!!