PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Pacific - Bright & Rosy?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2008, 21:33
Jackaroo 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st lady

Never fear 1st lady, the farmer will never return.
After being well and truely shafted by those who could not stand the thought of him succeeding in Fiji when they have not ie. his 1000 cow dairy farm, I hear the farmer has left the backstabbing aviation environment and bought another dairy farm in NZ -his third.
Its a real shame for Fiji that he was screwed and his dairy farm project was scuttled. The financial loss to Fiji is in the millions, not to mention the flow on credits from knowledge transfer and skills training. Last year I spent a whole day with him - the climate was fantastic and the views breathtaking. We went all over the area checking water flows in streams, spray trials of weeds and guava trees, grass trials, soil moisture readings -it dawned on me why he took me after we got stuck! He had spent 3 yrs conducting research and grass trials - including importing 3 new species of grass. I am not a farmer but to see his trial plots was amazing. Thirty plus plots of various species at different stages of growth, recording the effects of irrigation, different types of fertiliser, and various cutting options. I have never seen someone so dedicated to his hobby as he called it.
Good luck to him