PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar T & C's - Facts and Questions
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2008, 16:10
TurbTool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Karrupted,

Maybe not your area of expertise, but I'm wondering about the industrial situation re "FO immediate upgrade to Captain for 5 years" type contracts.

Have these been officially sanctioned by the J* Pilot body, or is Alan Joyce pulling a swifty?
Yes it is in the Agreement. AJ is not puilling a swifty.

Additionally, I understand it is an AWA - these will soon be history, so where would that leave someone who graciously accepts one of these? And from what I've heard, the AWA figures are somewhat at variance with yours. Incorrect. Not an AWA. It is a Union collective agreement. An EBA endorsed by the AFAP who is a signatory to it. All pilots who were employed under an AWA have/or had the choice of going onto this collective agreement.

Also to correct a small point BB made. New FOs do not get paid less they than current FOs at this point. They will get a lower percentage, 55% of a Captains pay, instead of 60% but only for the first twelve months when it rises to the 60% figure. It is slightly more in dollar terms, than 60% was before the new agreement. Additionally in the event a new FO is not offerred a command within 3 years the performance bonus kicks in and if still not after 5 years then rate rises to 65% of captain pay.

As the agreement has been lodged with the Authority it will be on public record and should be available for perusal on the website as is any other agreement.