PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2008, 15:29
Vino Collapso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bit harsh 411A !

As someone who posted here in opposition of strike action, both for my personal travel reasons and my underlying belief that it gets nobody antwhere in the long term, I feel I should return to the thread. Although I am not totally out of the woods as we fly home on the 27th so could still technically get delayed.

Regardless of whatever spin each side will put on this latest move it is good to see some clear daylight between the two factions. Space to manoeuvre is good.

Now its BA turn to make a positive gesture. Disguise it in anyway you wish to save some face. After all the pilots have played a good PR card with the public and put you in the Mr Nasty chair in the publics eyes.

Yes BALPA may only have temporarily lifted the threat due to a need to clarify relative legal positions but it is a chance for both sides to get this dispute back to the basics. Both sides would benefit from avoiding the stagnant mire of European legislation.

IMHO the pilots should continue to hold the strike card at the ready. It will do as much to put the public off of flying with BA as an all out strike would do. ( so there is a partial about turn by me as well)