PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UCL Bans Military Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2008, 14:48
Wyler

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
When confronted they folded like cards. The LEA Rep was horrified to be confronted. She is obviously used to working in a PC World at County Hall where her biased views are the norm. She retreated with a very red face. The PE teacher was not so much bothered by me but more bothered by the glares he was getting from the Head. His final retort was that he was looking out for the disadvantaged (as if we are not!). As to the other retired teacher, she just glared and refused to comment any further.

As to my resignation. I am still awaiting a reply from the Chair but do not think anything will come of it. When it comes to the world of state education, you do not rock the boat, you go with the flow.

I am still on the Board at the local High School where, sadly, similar things happen but it is not so bad.

Here are a few other tasters for you:

No such thing as a badly behaved pupil, they are now officially classified as 'vulnerable'.

Any move to reduce class sizes to below 30 will lead to an automatic cut in the school budget.

Any child removed permanently from a school due to bad behaviour etc is 'entitled' to an education. Therefore, the school that expels them has to provide alternative education at its own expense. So here, in a rural part of the world, the school would have to provide a taxi to and from the other school, every day, and pay for it themselves. This has to be done no more than 6 days after the expulsion.

I could go on but it is too depressing (and not exactly Mil Air!!!).

The current system is broken and littered with extreme Left Wing PC gurus who are actively encouraged, indeed directed, by the Government.