PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UCL Bans Military Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2008, 12:35
Wyler

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
A little off thread.

Don't underestimate the impact these idiots are having.

I have just resigned as a school Governor, after 5 years, because of stupidity like this.

At our last meeting the Head Teacher proposed that we sanction some sponsorship money for a 10 year old pupil who had just reached the UK National Finals of athletics. This was following a request from his parents who thought the school backing would add to his morale and determination.

There followed a 30 minute heated debate.

Those who did not want to sponsor him?

His PE teacher () because, I quote ' He is Middle Class and therefore undeserving'. Asked to explain he then said 'I have seen his dads car, there's tons of money there, we should not touch him'.

Who backed him up? The Local Education Authority Rep. Her reason? 'He is not disabled therefore it is unfair to those that are'.

The third member who complained? Another retired teacher who stated 'This is sport, that means winners and losers, that is not fair, I will not support this boy'.

There you have it. Those who say they want equality for all actually wanted to punish a small boy because of his fathers percieved wealth. I threw all my toys out of the cot, along with 2 others. We got the sponsorship but only after we were forced to agree to have it put in the minutes that any further sponsorship would be for disabled/disadvantaged kids involved in non sporting activities.

The great British education system. That is where a lot of these stupid lefties end up.