PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Flight Attendants
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2008, 11:11
landlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, old isn't depressing at all...I used to think like that, but now that I'm the wrong side of fifty, I've changed my views! Just a few reasons why......
I like having a nice house with a small mortgage and it's nice to have a couple of cars in the household which are paid for, and even though they are quite sporty, they don't cost a fortune to insure. I like never paying interest on my credit cards. I like it now that my children are grown up and I can go out with my husband without having to worry about a baby-sitter. I like the fact that I can work as cabin-crew and night-stop without wondering if my nanny is caring for the children properly. I like being a grandmother and handing my baby granddaughter back to her parents when I've had my play and cuddle with her. I'm pleased not to be, as most young people seem to be, constantly attached to a mobile 'phone, and I'm pleased to have had the kind of education which left me with the ability to punctuate and spell correctly. (I'm afraid I abhor text-speak.)The same education ,(grammar school, free), which now allows me to be able to tot up my grocery bill in my head before I get to the check-out. I'm not botherered about which celebrity is divorcing whom, and I couldn't care less about big brother. I have never 'done' drugs, and I'm not tempted to try to be part of the 'in' crowd. I was a mini-skirt wearing teenager in the sixties when everyone seemed to know how far they could go to stay within the law, when ASBOs hadn't been invented and binge drinking was for the whinos in cardboard city at Waterloo Station.
I'm an elderly cabin crew member, it's a fact. Thank goodness!!

Last edited by landlady; 11th Mar 2008 at 11:42.