PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Absolute beginner to do ppl?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2008, 09:44
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Firstly welcome to the industry .

In the UK, correct me if it has changed, but to go in as an officer on their pilot training scheme, there is an age limit, which I think is your early twenties. I was rejected for being too old, when I was 24, however, I am not sure what the limit is now.

With regard to doing the PPL, just take it one step at a time. When I was teaching full time, I would advise my students to read the books, and then use the confuser to test their level of knowledge. One thing you will find in some of the PPL books, is that there is a tremendous amount of information in them. It is all good stuff, however, what the confuser will do for you, is two things. It will give you a flavour for what level the exams are pitched at, and it will also give you a flavour for how the CAA ask questions. This will be more evident when you do your ATPL's .

Having a sound knowledge of the PPL syllabus will help you a great deal when you study for the ATPL subjects, as they are an expansion of what you already know, and delve deeper into the subject.

Shaun, you profile makes me laugh, I am modular scum too .

All the best with you PPL and your quest to become a professional pilot, its a really great job.