PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger walk out - BA286 - SFO to LHR - Friday 7 March
Old 11th Mar 2008, 08:40
Mr Quite Happy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Atishoo. Its only my opinion but to me human rights are eating, drinking, voting, living without fear, freedom and maybe one or two others. The basic human right to fly whatever provider I damn well want in Europe is bull. It is a privilege, not a right. Our using PPRUNE is a privilege extended to us by its owners and moderators, not a right because we've been on a plane. So if I start swearing and ranting and pulling threads off topic, I expect to be banned. Passengers that can't keep their sh*t together for a flight should also be able to be banned by the airlines.

@ VS LHRCSA, not sure who you're ranting at but for me, my opinion is for airlines to "be able to ban", not "should ban", not "must ban" but "be able to ban". Let us remember that the lady flying from SFO has probably 25 airlines that will through a hop-skip-and-a-jump get her to anywhere in the world. Getting banned by one airline, does not prevent her from getting on another plane. For my two pennies worth, I spend a reasonable amount of my time on the security side and airlines have watch lists, otherwise one day you'd jump into your seat 3K and Osama Bin Laden would be sitting in seat 3A across the aisle from you. So the technology exists, the will to use it is something else. If, in Europe, an individual has a right to fly by whatever airline they choose then this is fine, but that should not be a human right. It should be a privilege.