PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spare seat anyone?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2008, 23:49
Boing7117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flintstone - feel free to PM me with the airline which you recruit for.

I'll ensure you don't ever receive my application.

I seriously can't understand what the harm is in asking to sit in the RHS of something just for the experience?

I'm not sure how you completed your flight training nor what your job prospects were when you finished, but for me, I've done my training, racked up a bit of a debt, and now I'm managing to get by using some skills from my uni degree to keep the cash coming in.

In the meantime, my CV / application form is out there to as many potentials as possible.

In my spare time in the evenings - my CV is going out to anyone else I can think of / find out about.

I'm not the only one doing this. There's plenty more of us. Although I seem to be the only one making a bit of a noise here.

But I miss the flying. I enjoyed it while I was training, because, funnily enough I quite like the idea of doing this for a living.

I'm not belittling myself, nor my "fellow" pilots by offering to do some flying for free. I've already got a "living" at the moment therefore I don't need to be paid (given that any airline runs a fairly tight setup I would have hoped a lack of financial outlay might have been an incentive - but some of you turn it round which is disappointing).

Thanks to the rest of you for some positive pointers on my initial posting.