PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kunpeng Airlines
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2008, 18:48
gacdc10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Wasinc/Kunpeng in Xian, China.

Wasinc has quickly disassociated itself from Mesa after they realized the amount of negativity revolving around it. IF you do a little homework and ask the right questions, you realize that Mesa is only providing the initial RJs/mx to get the operation rolling. We answer to Kunpeng airlines and our employer Wasinc, not Mesa. Initially Wasinc believed that associating the contract with a north american carrier would make it more palatable, they were a little off....

Now, Kunpeng has a 4 CRJ operation with increasing loads. realizing that the worn out Mesa birds were not the best option, they promptly placed an order for 50 EMB 190s, deliveries start in August. The initial 20 crj deal is supposedly dead, and the 5 CRJs they will take they want to send back to PHX. I'm not sure what the relationship with Mesa will be after that. Long term they have a sizeable order for the chinese ARJ.

I'm not swimming in money, but we are getting ahead, something I could not do flying a DC-10 for Gemini or starting over at a US legacy carrier. I'm a family of 4, for a single guy you can definitely put some cash away.

It is what it is, and I'm home every night with my wife and kids.

Last edited by gacdc10; 26th Mar 2008 at 00:08.