PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF pilots leaving
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2008, 17:44
Chronic Snoozer

Received 333 Likes on 127 Posts
Yes I think that is inevitable that we will have more human factors related incidents. But these need not necessarily become accidents.

We currently have a situation where experience in supervision is reducing through separation rates, and we are ripping the guts out of our training system as well. Those familiar with recent changes at BFTS and 2FTS will know what I mean here. The two factors combined mean that those at B Cat experience need to be on their guard for the next couple of years. (IMHO)
I'm curious as to how 'bad' it is. These same words must have been spoken in the past on more than several occasions. At what point is the system broken and how is it measured? Large aircraft accident? 100 human factors incidents in a year?

If so-called standards have been lowered, by how much and how is it measured? Gut feeling is all very well and good but this rubber band (flying training) seems to have inordinate elasticity.

I am hearing from a heap of disenchanted whingers that the world is about to officially stop turning. I mean I knew things were bad but actual cessation of earth rotation surely would have disastrous consequences!
Yep, a couple of Navs just wanted to get off, it'll starting turning as soon as doors are closed, captions out.