PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2008, 14:46
WHBM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by frfly
Ryanair have more of a job attracting business pax, especially in EDI I've noticed. They will tend to fly Aer Lingus.
Principally because many business pax continue to book through travel agents and/or corporate travel departments (which nowadays are often outsourced to major travel agencies). Retail travel agents have lost out to web bookings but business bookings have held up. Aer Lingus continue to be on the mainstream ticketing systems such companies use. Ryananir are not.

Ryanair do seem not to offer the desired morning/evening rotations on many of their routes, and if they do they seem to have a habit of changing this from year to year ths losing established custom. Last week I was on FR from Stansted to Cork and vv, just because Stansted was convenient for me. Only two passengers on the evening flight had business suits on. Easyjet would typically have many more. Colleague coming down from Dublin to Cork said following a Ryanair schedule change their times no longer suited and they were back to Aer Arann.

Actually some of Ryanair's ways of working are more suited to business travellers. If they cancel we would just go to a hotel and put the cost on expenses, one of those things to balance against a cheaper fare. Leisure travellers would not want to do this.