PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting Private Pilot License PPL near London
Old 10th Mar 2008, 10:42
HappyFran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
egrayton;

I'm currently at BCFT, doing the ATPL theory.
Got my PPL with them in about 8 weeks. (Oct -Nov 07) The problem of these quoted times is that they are always very optomistic . The shiney brouchures from the FTO's are always assume the best possible outcome in terms of availability and weather... and there lies the biggest problem.. It you were including this week in your 5 week schedule then you are a bit stuffed.
It is a shame they are not more honest / realistic but they are in a competative market and need to put up a very glossy front.

I think to get through the PPL in the summer is quite possible and I am sure many people do it. But if you are up North in Mid winter then it ain't going to happen. I believe a school in Florida was offering PPL in 21 days.. also read quite a few postings which were negative.

Many people say that the PPL training can provide a very solid grounding for Commercial training, I believe this is true, so why rush it like a dervish in the Jan sales .

Anyway I can certainly recommend BCFT, the PPL instructors are all Commercial pilots and will train you with the Commercial goal in mind, as they will be the Instructors that take you through CPL/ME/IR.

If you have any questions specific to BCFT then send PM

happy to help