PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2008, 06:55
kaikohe76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BA Pilots Strike

Hellsbrink,

Thanks for your reply & fair enough you do have a point of course.

I do applogise if I gave the impression of moving off the point of this current discussion, that most certainly was not my intention. My intention was to highlight the fact, that yet again, if any strike takes place, it will be the pax who will come of a very much second best.

However, as so often when industrial disputes take place, in particular within the aviation industry, it's always the travelling public who get the very thin end of the wedge. You are of course absolutely correct with your comments regarding just who owns & runs EGLL & other UK airports as well for that matter. Would you not agree though, that as BA are surely the major operator out of LHR, they must be able to impose some influence on day to day operations.

Regarding the specific BA Pilots situation, here we have highly trained professionals appearing to totally forget the plight of any pax. As so often happens in these circumstances, it is the pax who loose out. My decision not to use either BA or LHR is purely personal, as I wish to be treated with some consideration anyway. I would suggest though, that many other pax will share my view & will be looking at both other airlines & airports.

Thanks again.