PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kegworth
Thread: Kegworth
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2008, 03:19
nojh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kegworth B737 crash / Blast from the past

I find it sad that none of you actually know the truth about the lead up to this accident! I was a personal friend of the Kegworth Cpt who crashed and I had actually trained the SFO,highly intelligent on his PPL studies and his twin rating and employed him as a pilots assistant on C404 Data post flights ex Egaa .C404 covered in snow and ice we always got to Luton.Did we ever.

BMA

Training on the A/C B737/400 was absolutely minimal,the Cpt at Kegworth was a Dc9 pilot the F/o flew the Shorts 360,their conversion to the B737,was woefully inadequate.

1179 flight items /circuits was conducted by an Ire/Tre who a long time previous , had been an instructor examiner on the B 707. This man decided that his prior B707 priveledges on the 707 entitled him to the same priveledges on the B 737.He signed their licences,he had no right to do so! Absolutely no right to do so!

The first revenue B737 BMA flight from EMA, was almost cancelled by the CAA,because they suddenly realised the the operating crew were not by CAA standards legally qualified to operate the A/C.

The pandemonioum in the crew room was amazing .Present ,Caa Pilot /CAFU Fcl .Boeing pilots, Bma pilots ,and "HARD RON" the fictitous Ire/Tre. The arguments were horrendous,it was horrible they were all shouting.

The solution/Last minute desperate/solution.

A Boeing pilot would be the Cpt,for the circuits at EMA./1179 items.
Hard Ron would be tested by the Caa pilot sitting on the jump seat.
so that he could legally become an Ire/Tre,on the B 737/400,to sign out his inaugural BMA 737/400 flight revenue earning flight from EMA.
Two hrs later they landed.The Caa /CAFU signed out 'Hard Ron' who signed out the BMA Cpt/Sfo. Oh God what a mess! Boeing pilot said U shure do things different in the UK,sort of cart before the horse!

The Kegworth Crash.

The engine failed on climb out Lhr over Windsor Castle the flight deck wanted to to land back SAP @ LHR,Flight Ops Ema insisted they fly to EMA.that was the start of a crash that killed 70 plus passengers.

Bad PR for BMA if you land at LHR fly to EMA keep it quiet Hard Ron and Sir MByou killed these people,

How do I know I was a BMA PILOT.

Forget the CRM MCC Engineeres and all the rest of you wannabes, the crash was caused by BMA BULLIES

Pilots and CPTS do not make decisions in BMA Head Office Does.

PPS

Hard Ron was banned from flying B707s to USA because he tried to Jump start a 707 three times on the runway .What about the brakes hard RON,
Hard RON was banned from the USA.

Later in my life @ B/ Seattle B757 course/Boeing were so disgusted by Hard Ron and their conduct they were withdrawing the 737 from BMA.

Pratt and Whitney also were with drawing their engines from BMA Dc9 fleet.What a mess.

Kegworth was NOT THE PILOTS FAULT,NOJH WAS A BMA PILOT OH DEAR What a mess.