PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting Private Pilot License PPL near London
Old 9th Mar 2008, 16:59
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why there is such a big price and course length difference between the bcft and OAT courses, because as i take it both are integrated courses which get you to the same license.
The difference is that OAT (Which is actually OAA) are integrated.

OAA offer a Integrated ATPL(A) APP First Officer course which is expensive at around £70k IIRC. But they do offer a modular course too - the Modular Waypoint Pilot Program.

BCFT don't offer an integrated course so it'll be cheaper and time constraints will also be a little different.

You can't compare Integrated OAT/OAA with modular BCFT. As you said you'll still get the same licence the argument of Mod v Integ has been going for years on here, some people like myself don't have a choice ... if you do have £70k to gamble with then it might be worth doing a little more research as to what you'll be getting for the extra £30k.

People will argue that OAT/OAA will do their best to get you an interview for a job in the RHS of a jet. And to a certain point I agree it might be worth it, if Oxford can get me a job n a shiny jet straight away then the £30k might be worth it due to the rewards I'd get being a pilot instead of an unemployed fATPL holder.

No need to go on about Mod v Integ here as it'll all been said in the Mod v Integrated thread.

Good luck.