PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2008, 16:51
idol detent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that Hatcheth. There is nothing in your two sentences that I was unaware of...

We have evolved over the years to be the most profitable airline in the world. How did we manage that? By standing still? Gimme strength....

BA pilots have been accused of:

Using passengers as a weapon
Not talking
Being militant
Not being flexible
Stuck in our ways
Arrogant
Chosen
Lucky
etc etc

I have only posted 30 or so messages on this forum and am tiring of the sniping, envy, jealousy and downright hatred posted by a small number of persons who quite frankly have put forward no coherent argument as to why ~3000 pilots are wrong and that they are correct. All I hear is soundbites: so typical of GB 2008. Full of vitriol and bile with nothing much to say except expletives.

How sad that some of us who actually care about our passengers and post our reasoning are immediately set upon by people who should have stood up for themselves whilst they had the chance/backbone. And now all they have left is their bitter animosity for comfort. How sad.

And with that, to the relief of a few no doubt, I will sit out the rest of this thread. I have tried to explain our reasoning and the impact that striking will have on us personally. Some, it would seem, have no intention of listening, and that, for me, is the most frustrating thing of all.

Good luck HS, Overstress & others - you have greater patience for this than I do.