PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Silly little spectacle'
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2008, 16:29
CrazyMonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bombedup6. You seem to be 180 out with public opinion. You are bewilderingly critical of the RAF's PR machine.

You have, in the past, questioned the existence of the Red Arrows and provided us with a 'public view' of how mundane they are. If that is what you believe then I would encourage you to visit an airshow this summer. At Kemble last year the small crowd cheered and clapped so loudly that the jet noise was drowned out. The public recognise the Red Arrows as British excellence which promotes the military at home and the UK abroad.

I think you are totally wrong about the Murrayfield flypast. The opportunity to see a front-line jet on display was a magnificent achievement in PR. Brian Moore's comments are irrelevant. For millions of people to see the jet that protects the UK on operations 24 hours a day is great PR and far more impressive than any non-televised event. I would have thought you would have fully supported this?

I partly agree with you about the Abingdon event. Hopefully lessons have been learnt.

CM