PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inflation Inflation! EK what to expect?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2008, 16:17
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Oakape,

Let me quote you now,

''Perhaps they are holding back as many airbus guys as they can, because they will need them for the A380. I am assuming that the transition from A330/340 to the A380 will be shorter than from the Boeing.''

How thoughtful of you to make another excuse for the company to continue an insane policy. Even the company didn't try to pass that theory off on us, its just too far out in left field. How did your DEC interview go last summer?

You made 2 assumptions from your last post, which are wrong on both counts.
1. I never stated that a DEC policy for ALL airlines is necessarily a bad thing. At EK it is a bad thing simply because there was and still is, ample FO's ready for upgrade. There are various airlines out there that simply cannot crew aircraft without hiring DEC's.
2. I never said I would join as a DEC. I simply stated that pilots at EK have 3 options (generally speaking) after being here a few years.

Thanks for searching my posts though, its encouraging. If you are having issues with your past decisions I can't help you with that, sorry.

I would prefer though if someone who thought logically and rationally would discuss or even counter my views. I have no heartache with being wrong, and I will admit it when I am. I don't presume to think I know all the answers but in this case, wrt the DEC policy I have been consistent ......... it is a foolish and self-defeating policy of EK. Thanks again for bringing it back to the forefront, it was something many pilots had put out of their minds in light of the recent further decline of our T&C's.