PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet
Thread: SilverJet
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2008, 16:10
BestonBoard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Silverjet Assessment Centres

Ops... you never fail to make me smile... :o)

QuerTY - I can fully understand your apprehension. Reading some of the comments that are posted within this forum is enough to scare many an individual away. Which is a little disheartening.

Having flown for Silverjet from day 1, I can hold my hand on my heart, and with the utmost integrity tell you that working at Silverjet, you will meet some of the nicest people. Not just in the airline industry, but in any walk of life. The crew I have the pleasure to fly with are mostly passionate, considerate and caring.

Unfortunately, as the saying goes "There is always one..."

There are a minority of people that, whilst I do not in any way infer that they are not entitled to an opinion, do have a very negative viewpoint on either Silverjet as a company, it's management, and unfortunately members of our crew.

These viewpoints are not just limited to Silverjet, or even cabin crew as a matter of fact. (Take a look at some of the pilot forums... I would not like to be caught in that crossfire.)

As you may appreciate, when someone is happy with something, they very rarely provide feedback on the matter... whether this be good work, or enjoying the role you are in. If something upsets someone, they are more likely to speak out.

I think I mentioned before, not a lot of our online crew post on here. A lot of discussions do seem to be one sided, and eventually diminish.

Go for your assessment day. We will have cabin crew representatives present. Take the opportunity to talk to them. (I'm pretty sure you will not be assessed on everything you say!) There's no harm in a friendly discussion.
Take the opportunity to make your own mind up. Silverjet may not be the airline for you.

Would you want to end up with the feeling of "What if?", because of some words that you have read?

Good Luck & Safe Happy Flying

BoB