PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 recall items execution
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2008, 14:11
deceballus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B737 recall items execution

Hello.
Is it any Boeing 737 airline out there that requires the following: ?

In case of any failure requiring an NNC, the PF has to recite loudly and with the exact QRH wording, the applicable recall items (while flying the airplane).
The PM does not do any action until he/she hears the respective recall item "dictated" loud by the PF.
The above goes for ANY NNC that includes recall items.

On top of the above, the worksplit in case of any failure or emergency is: The PF flies and commands loudly as described above
The PM does the radio.

I am new to the airline requiring the above, but quite experienced on the 737 and I have never seen or heard of such procedures before.

The airline's instructors' explanation is the QRH says the recall items are done under the direct supervision of the PF (which is true, but in my opinion does not imply the PF has to verbally dictate every item loudly and with the exact wording to the PM). The direct supervision (as I see it) is the PF keeping an eye on the recall items completion and confirming the items while the PM does the maneuvers in it's area of resp.

Any comments please? Do you think such procedures are safe? Do you have similar in your airline?