PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Color Blindness Thread (PART 1)
Old 21st Dec 2000, 02:21
v2_radar_power

Arrow

The tests are almost never given properly, how often do you sit down the nurse throws the book at you and it's next, next, next. I've had tests under florescent lights, day light, dark rooms on grey days etc. the manufacturer says 75cm away at right angles to your field of vision. how often does the nurse hold the book on her lap or just above it.

That is my point we need specific tests drawn up for aviation that tell you right there and then pass fail, even if every test is the FALANT because once you fail the book and get sent for the FALANT or Lantern you already have a FAIL on your record and CAA etc al get suspicious remove the FAIL and everybody gets tested the same.

Going in mass to CAA? How about to ALPA, convincing them first because we don't have there 100% commitment, there is still the feeling I get from ALPA.... I'm fine I don't want to share my cockpit with a colour blind guy (forget the fact you are sharing the flight deck with a guy who hides the fact he boozes a dozen Scotches everynight and is grosly overweight and has a mild heart condition)!!! Once we have ALPA's support we then hit the CAA with some firm ALPA backing possible even with a few ALPA paid lawyers and medical experts from ALPAs side. I think having ALPA would also help because this is generally a new pilot problem you arrive at CAA as a student pilot to try convince them having a few solid grey haired old Captains in the team will give it more clout.