PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kegworth
Thread: Kegworth
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2008, 20:03
moggiee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zorst
If CRM works, show me the reduction in the accident rate which tracks the introduction and devlopment of CRM. You can't, because there isn't one, and the movement in the accident rate tracks not this factor, but technology, pure and simple.
If you care to check the stats from the NTSB, AAIB, NASA, FAA and CAA etc. you will find that (according to those organisations) the percentage of accidents attributed to human factors has remained at around 70-80% for 30 years or so. So, if you look at percentages, CRM has done nothing.

However, look deeper and you will see that the OVERALL accident rate (including Human Factors, Tech, ATC, Weather etc) has dropped by about 50% over the same period.

So, given that information, you can see that the number of accidents caused by human factors over that time has fallen by a half.

I can't be bothered to find you the links - you'll only tell me that the NTSB/AAIB/NASA etc are lying and that you know better.

One last thing - if you fly for an airline, could you tell me which one it is so that I can avoid it in future?