PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why DO Sponsors Whant A levels?
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2008, 19:22
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

You have to appreciate mate, that if you are awarded a sponsorship scheme, the provider has to be sure that you have all the right attributes and a reasonable chance of coping with the amount of work you are expected to do.

As well as your personality, you must reach a certain standard with your ability to learn. Of course, having a reasonable education from school will show this and initally get your foot in the door, i.e. your application will be accepted. Also, and I don't know this as fact, but I am sure it is used as a filtering system too.

If it is any consilation, I didnt do particularly well at school, however, when I got to college I extracted my thumb from my butt and did some work, to which I got the results I wanted. I think I applied to BA about 4 times, and every time they rejected my application until I got a degree. Then I failed the verbal reasoning test after been invited for phase 2, aptitude testing .

With the above in mind, you also have to realise that sponsorship is very competitive, and only a few people get through. I lost count of how many times I was rejected, but if you are determined enough you will get there, even if that does mean saving for a few years to fund yourself.

All the best with it.

Last edited by CAT3C AUTOLAND; 9th Mar 2008 at 16:52.