PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unwanted attention/inappropriate comments from cabin crew
Old 8th Mar 2008, 18:13
k3lvc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Unwanted attention/inappropriate comments from cabin crew

On a recent BA flight back to LGW we had the (mis)fortune to find the flight operated by a 3rd party and for myself and a foreign, male colleague to be seated in row 1.

Before take off the cabin crew (3 x F & 1 x M) shut themselves behind the curtain in the fore galley and were obviously discussing the feelings of the male crew member towards my colleague. English not being his native language my colleague was unaware of the issue.

During the flight aforementioned crew member insisted on serving us, making a fuss and continually asking whether we had everything we needed eventually ending up sitting in 1C when it's occupant left for the bathroom so he could try and talk to my colleague - a very one-sided conversation followed which should have given the signal that colleague was neither gay nor interested but didn't seem to dampen the enthusiasm of CC.

On leaving the plane I was some places behind colleague therefore heard in full the comment from crew member to SCCM - 'Well I'd him'.

Am I having a Meldrew moment or is this unacceptable behaviour which should be reported to BA (or the 3rd party) ?