PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2008, 16:54
Thebaxfactor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's pretty predictable that every 6-12 months one group or another in BA threatens strike action. Last time it was the cabin crew, now its the pilots.

The arrogance that goes hand in hand with the militant, outdated, and scargilesque belief that walking out somehow achieves any form of victory is quite overwhelming.

I was a BA gold card member - I suspect to most of the vocal minority of pilots in this current dispute that means I was just an irritant who got spoken about in the galley for ordering a second glass of wine with my meal. However, to the company that employs you it meant I and my company spent many thousands of pounds contributing to your profits.

the last time a BA group threatened strike action I made a new arrangement with my travel department and a new deal with myself - the deal meant I would only ever travel with BA as a last resort. It hasn't happened yet. i have become an extremely happy and loyal customer of Lufthansa and regularly make the short trip to Germany to connect further afield in the name of avoiding the risk that flying with BA poses.

I am ashamed to look at BA and to consider what has happened - you have some of the best working conditions of any airline and still you threaten for more. You have lost me and countless others like me. I am not throwing my toys out of the pram, just stating a fact. You need to grow up, focus on flying planes, and stop p*****g off your customers with pathetic and indefensible threats.

I suspect this note will just be greeted with a torrent of abuse for having the audacity to challenge the greater wisdom within the flying ranks...please, feel free, because maybe when you have driven enough good and honest custom away, you will realise there is nobody sitting the seats on your aircraft who actually cares any more.

Please wake up, remember why you joined the national carrier, look at the oil price, think of the shareholders, and maybe have half a thought about your pension should the worst actually happen and you put yourselves out of business...I guess that will just be someone elses fault.

Good luck.