PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Silly little spectacle'
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2008, 14:55
sandbetweenthetoes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I would urge everyone to complain to the BBC, I have and here is what I put:
At the begining of the match the Royal Air Force provided two Tornados to carry out a fly past of Murryfield stadium. The commentator, Brian Moore stated "we had to wait for that, I dont see why. It might look like a great spectacle, players have been out there a good 6 or 7 minutes, they want to get on with the game, lets get on with the game and not silly little spectacles like that".
The Royal Air Force are stretched beyond belief, all of the servicemen who have had to give up their weekend to make that flypast possible will be utterley disgusted by this comment, how do I know? because both my wife and I are in the RAF and know exactly how many, and how long the Sqn lads were stood in the rain carrying out pre-flight checks, upon the return of the aircraft they will need to be serviced, extra work that we dont need, if its not welcome that is!
In the current light of the Prime Minister Gordon Brown's wishes to improve the support for our troops, the comments of Mr Moore are nothing more than utterley disgraceful.
He (Mr Moore) should be made to make an on-the-air apology to the RAF.