PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH A320 Rough Landing @ Hamburg
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2008, 10:43
PBL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ihg,

thanks for explaining carefully to those who didn't understand it how yaw-roll decoupling works on the A320.

But I do admit to being a bit puzzled by some of your post, as in:
Originally Posted by ihg
there is no 'real' yaw-roll decoupling as far as I have understood ...... So there is a kind of 'yaw-roll decoupling' .....
where you contradict yourself. I am not sure what you mean by "real", or "true" here. You do say:
Originally Posted by igh
a true 'feed-forward' yaw-roll deccoupling where the controller would know in advance about the A/C behaviour to a rudder deflection and thus would apply the appropriate aileron
but I think you're trying to make a distinction without a corresponding technical correlate.

The ELAC gets signals from roll-rate sensors somehow and if the stick is neutral it signals the control-surface actuators to counter the roll. How else is decoupling supposed to work?

Originally Posted by ihg
I don't believe in the gust story....mean cross wind component was high enough to have the A/C drifting across the runway as seen ...
I wasn't talking about drift. I was talking about the wing lifting and what caused it. That is what let to the strike.

PBL