PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TMG Grob 109B in the UK?
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2008, 01:52
Fournier Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not true I'm afraid. You can conduct training from the airfield and they have an agreement and a waiver of landing fees at nearby Hinton in the Hedges and Wellesborne Mountford. I did my PPL there and it was simple. All circuit training was conducted at Enstone with upper air work conducted in the local area. My final pre-solo flight was from Enstone to Hinton, where the instructor got out and I soloed from there. I picked the instructor back up and we flew back to Enstone. For my GFT, NAV EX we took off from Enstone, landed at Wellesborne and started the exercise from there. I think you'll find its only the GFT NFT and Solo that have to be conducted from a licenced field. Same legislation that allows you to taildragger and farm strip courses at private strips.

You will find that this is a perfectly legal way around legislation which still fulfils the necessary syllabus at a reduced cost for the student. Personally I'm all for that sort of thing.

Couldn't recommend Oxfordshire Sport Flying higher.

FB

...and before anyone says it, I am NOT an NPPL, I'm a CAA PPL SLMG, JAR TMG + SEP. I am nearly at the end of what "lost in cloud" is ultimately trying to achieve.