PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Namibia pilot tels pax to set watch back 20 yrs upon arrival!
Old 27th Aug 2001, 09:32
Ignition Override

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Lightbulb

VFRPilotPB said it very well.

At my company, a few chauvinistic feminist twats have a problem with the standard word "cockpit". We even have some manual revisions because of these petty mentalities, with large feminist chips on their shoulders.

I tell my FOs, if they want to say flightdeck, fine. But I absolutley refuse to give up the word "cockpit". Let them invite me up to the "Peoples' Republik" for a debriefing. Maybe we should address each other as comrade, having given these unhappy feminists the keys to Flight Operations "CorrektSpeak".

Our standard aviation terminology existed long before any of these unhappy dames (not the nice lady pilots) which I'm specifically referring to-woops, I mean broads, or dingy dollies-were forced to become pilots-they knew what the business was about.

Maybe they should be thankful that they were/are allowed to work as airline pilots-it was not always the case. No kidding here. Their problem is with the English language: it is not my problem.

[ 27 August 2001: Message edited by: Ignition Override ]