PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpredictable DGCA
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2008, 21:33
DesiPilot
The Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getset,

The problem with DGCA is exactly what you said, they think they are independent body and they do not have to answer to anyone. What you are forgetting is that at the end of the day you are still a civil servant and your pay is paid by the taxes that I pay every month. If you think you (DGCA) are anywhere close to FAA or JAA you are sadly mistaken my friend. Yes, I hold all three licenses, FAA, JAA and DGCA and I can tell you that DGCA stands no where compared to FAA or JAA. The biggest difference is they treat you like a human being.

I don't think DGCA will ever change. They like their paper work too much, I guess that is how they feel important.

DGCA may be the only authority in the world that doesn't allow First officers to land the aircraft until they have done their assisted take off and landing checks.... so god forbid if the captain passes out, all the passengers are in deep sh*t since the FO has never landed the plane in normal circumstances forget about the case of crew incapacitation. Who think of these rules anyway?

Indian citizens who are flying on FATA be warned. As soon as the shortage is over, the DGCA will cancel the FATA in a heart beat, like they have done it for the RT licence. So you better pass your Indian exams as soon as possible and start flying on the Indian license.