PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol Ground School in just 5 months?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2008, 21:01
Skysurfer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm on my first day of studies with BGS and its taken me 2hrs per chapter!! I'm wondering what should the length of each chapter be??
I have a Canadian CPL/ME no IR.
I'm finding it quite overwhelming the amount of work firstly. I'm excited to have the end result of all this study.
I'm finding the chapters to be so long, due to the fact I have never gone so indepth with the topics! Yeah, I know what a rhumb line and Great circle is...but we need to know forumulas for convergency etc...so many formulas! I've only done basic trig and algebra! I'm starting to get confused and not being able to distinguish the different formulas and what one is used for what.
I'm reading then writing a summary of what i've read, in order for me to remember and understand if its a first time topic. I then get to the end of the chapter and sweat with the prospect of the quiz. You see, i need to have perfect and if i don't understand the concept, cause they twist the question, frustration kicks in and then i need to read it over and over and then desire new questions to re-practice what I think i've fully understood.
I've got the first Progression test tomorrow, and won't complete it til i go over the notes again!! I will worry I will forget a bit...and if i'm stuck during the progress test, i'm sure its ok to have a quick look to jog my memory....
AHHH..vicisous circle!!
Any advice?