PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - i need opinions
Thread: i need opinions
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2008, 19:13
Jox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Callum,

Anyone who can portray the expertise and ability to secure the skills tests, methodology, safety and mental acumen to achieve commercial licences is well placed to succeed in the industry.

You need to search within yourself to ensure that you have the dedication to stick to the goal you want to achieve and understand quite what it may cost you.

A balanced education is a fundamental bonus as the skills you have learnt thus far are but the first of the building blocks you will need to achieve that first job in the world of aviation.

The road is long and paved with good intention, make sure you are fully committed to achieving it, and never let anyone saying no prevent you from getting to where you want to be. Adapt, be resourceful, and find other ways of securing or achieving what you need to move forward.

If you decide that this is what you want to do, go for it with everything you have, but please bear in mind that the better the education you have at the start, then the easier things will be when the pressure gets turned up.

You always have options, repeat the exams you were disappointed with, add an extra year to your schooling to achieve what you want and may well need. Join the air cadets and get some experience of gliding / flying to make sure you are committed whilst learning about the principles of flight and gliding on the way.

Give yourself options, never have all you eggs in one basket but most of all, enjoy flying, regardless if it is in a single on a PPL or a four engine jet as an ATPL holding Captain.

We all once looked up and hoped to be the man in the left hand seat, we all had the same dream, and for many of us it came true. If you really want it, go for it, I and many like me will wish you well, looking forward to you being in the right seat in a few years.

Jox