PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2008, 14:50
TeamJQboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate you explaining your 'rant' a little bit more fairly. Glad that I didn't have my head chomped off for speaking up a bit.

I realise this is a forum where people are perfectly allowed to vent frustrations about the job and talk about things that really tick them off, and I'm sure you're not the sort to carry that attitude on at work! Infact I haven't met anyone at JQ that has made me feel unwelcome or that has shunned me out of a group conversation or anything because I'm new. And from what I'm learning about the morale/culture issue thus far, it seems that people who don't genuinely enjoy the job and who whinge and don't put in the effort generally just drop off and leave after a while.

And I do understand what you mean about the fresh out of high school type of new crew and their serious misconceptions and inaccurate expectations of the job they're entering into. I guess I could think of one or two from my ground school who mayyy fall into that category, but I haven't heard any directly negative things about them thus far. I did however work with someone from the ground school after me just the other day and was quite frustrated by how much of her job I was having to do for her and just how little she was willing to be proactive about certain things and not using any intiative whatsoever. So I do see where you're coming from.

Your first rant just seemed to come off as a bit of a generalisation. Thank you for clarifying...